CUSTOMER GUIDELINES – COVID-19
- You are welcome to browse our Pantry shop before and after your meal (at lunchtime), adhering to social distancing measures and wearing a face covering. Please note a maximum of 3 people in the Pantry shop at one time.
- If you’re dining with us and haven’t pre-booked then we will collect contact details from someone in your party to support the NHS’s Test & Trace service.
- We ask that you refrain from visiting our restaurant if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
- When planning your visit, follow government guidance regarding households and support bubbles.
- We ask that you sanitise your hands when entering the premises using the hand sanitiser provided.
- We will be conducting non-contact temperature checks on all customers entering the restaurant for the safety of customers and staff alike.
- Keep correct social distancing. We are following the 1 metre plus guidelines.
- Please follow our one in one out toilet protocol when in the restaurant.
EXTRA SAFETY PROCEDURES – COVID-19
- Mandatory daily staff COVID-19 briefings and routine hand-washing.
- Conducting a health assessment including a temperature check for all employees prior to every service and isolating any staff member showing symptoms.
- The restaurant has been adapted to facilitate safe physical distancing for both staff and guests, including limiting the number of staff attending to the table through the duration of the meal.
- Guest tables will be disinfected and reset prior to the next guests arriving.
- Extra cleaning of the restaurant during and after service each day.
How are you keeping customers safe?
- Conducting non-contact temperature checks on all customers entering the restaurant for the safety of customers and staff alike. If your temperature is 37.8c or higher we will ask you to seek medical advice and we cannot accept you to enter the restaurant.
- We’ve arranged our premises to maintain social distancing.
- The menus are disposable so will only be used once per customer.
- Tables and chairs will be sanitised in-between bookings
- We have capped the number of people allowed into our pantry and restaurant at a time.
- We’re asking that you follow government guidance regarding households and support bubbles.
- We’ve installed hand sanitisers by the entrance and within the building.
Will I have to provide my details for the NHS Test & Trace service?
Yes. If you’re dining, we’ll collect contact details from someone in your party to support the NHS’s Test & Trace service. If you have pre-booked via email then we will not need to take your details again. Details will be stored for 21 days.
Do I need to book?
Yes ideally as numbers will be restricted. It also helps us manage social distancing and also help us collect track and trace data prior to your arrival. Please note that ResDiary (our online, electronic booking system) is currently suspended so that we can manually control bookings via email.
Is there a time restriction on my booking?
During lunch and dinner 2 hours for tables of four and 1.5 hours for tables of two and one hour for coffee and cakes.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Masks are not required in our restaurant however they are required in our Pantry shop. Masks will be available for sale in the Pantry if needs be.
Can I use the toilets?
Yes, our bathrooms are open though we will restrict numbers to one person at a time and social distancing measures must be adhered to. We have introduced a lock on the main outer toilet doors which will restrict one person in at a time.
Where can I put my coat?
You may hang up your own coat at your own risk or else you can keep it with you at your table.
Are children allowed?
Children are welcome, we just ask that you help them follow the guidance on social distancing. We ask that small children do not leave the table once seated unless it is necessary.
Are you accepting vouchers?
Yes, we’re accepting vouchers in the restaurant including afternoon tea vouchers redeemable against lunch (until afternoon tea service resumes). Please inform us of your voucher value and purchase date upon booking. Please note that vouchers can only be redeemed upon prior booking and agreement.
My gift voucher has recently expired what should I do?
Any vouchers issued prior to 20th Sept 2019 cannot be redeemed. Any vouchers with an expiry date between 20th March to 14th August 2020 will automatically be extended for a further 5 months from the current expiry date. Inform us of your voucher details upon booking and bring your voucher with you when you visit. If you have paid a deposit for Mother’s day our gin night or similar then this can be deferred or offset against lunch or dinner by prior notification and agreement. Please note that between August and December no more than £100 can be redeemed per booking. Where there might be an unusually high number of vouchers being redeemed at one sitting, we reserve the right to limit the redemption of vouchers.
Will your staff be wearing PPE?
This is not mandatory. We have taken all precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of our staff and customers including temperature checks, frequent hand sanitisation, social distancing, additional cleaning and other Covid-19 measures. However, if a member of staff should choose to wear PPE, then they are entitled to do so.
What are your opening hours?
SEPTEMBER OPENING HOURS
Friday & Saturday Pantry 10am – 4pm,
Friday & Saturday Restaurant lunch 12 noon – 3pm, dinner 6pm – 9pm
We do hope that all of the above steps taken help you to feel safe and relaxed within our restaurant and pantry. These steps are subject to change and review. If you have any concerns at all then please raise them with us prior to booking.